The Purposes of AVID Site Teams
Site team members will assess their work for effectiveness after learning about the purposes of site teams by watching the 1995 video of original site team members and the barriers they faced and solved.
Site team members
Materials and Preparation:
- What Are the Characteristics of Effective Site Teams?
- Why Are Students Included on AVID Site Teams?
- How Are Site Teams a Catalyst for School Wide Change?
- Video Notes on the Six Purposes of AVID Site Teams
1. View the introduction to the Site Team video in which AVID founder Mary Catherine Swanson describes the first AVID site team. Discuss the handouts regarding the characteristics of site teams, students' roles on site teams, and school wide change.
2. View separately each of the Site Team video sections (note: video is in two parts) regarding the six purposes of site teams and use the corresponding worksheets to discuss how these purposes are being carried out at your individual site.